Tuesday, March 4, 2014

2014 - Day 63/302 - Tuesday...

It was another interesting morning, the afternoon - not so much.  I got up an hour later than usual, since I assumed the roads would be closed if not the entire county.  I was half-way correct.  Most things were on a two-to-four-hour-delay.  Most schools were opening a couple hours late.  When I went outside to get the paper, it was sleeting outside, but it was not freezing on the driveway.  There had been some lightning and thunder last night, but nothing terrible.  It was interesting for the sort-of freezing rain to come down but not cause any real problems.  I left the house about 7AM and got to the office at about 8:15.  It was slower but more consistent driving than usual.  There were several wrecks along the way, and several cars in the medians and far off on the shoulders, but it did not look like anything terribly serious.

It was a good day in the office, I was there until about 1 o'clock when I headed off to my first meeting.  Next I had an appointment to have my car serviced at 4, and then the drive home.  Jody and I had chicken pot pies for dinner, we got them at the KFC drive through last weekend and just heated them up this evening.  Pretty good, but I prefer a bottom crust on my fast food delicacies.  Just saying.

No freezes expected this evening, but another cold front coming in over the weekend and the possibility of another little bit of rain.  We are up to 1.06" of rain for the year, which is AWFUL!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, THUNDER SLEET, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment