Sunday, March 2, 2014

2014 - Day 66/299 - Sunday...

I don't know where you grew up, but I grew up outside Detroit, and in the winter the skies were ALWAYS gray, gloomy and overcast.  Jody grew up in Cleveland, and he said he never knew there could actually be sunshine in the winter time until he moved to Texas.  It is as bad as it looks, too, and it does not look too much better for the first part of the week, at least.  Tonight is supposed to be the only night with temperatures below freezing (supposed to be 23 degrees here on the edge of nowhere) but that is enough for at least a week.  We have had 0.07" of rain today, so if we get another 0.07" of rain this year, that will put us at 1 inch for 2014.  Be careful, you could drown!

It was so cold today (how cold was it?) that I did not do a single thing (okay, I am a liar) although it felt like I did nothing.  I did make a few accomplishments.  It was especially nice because our friends Jetta and Collette came out for a very nice visit.  It was great.

Later on, we went into Round Rock and had dinner at Olive Garden.  We requested a WARM table, so we got one next to the fireplace.  Once they got the fire started (at the touch of a button) it was very nice and cozy.  I honestly do not have any remembrance of what I ordered, but it was good.  Jody had a fish and shrimp something and it looked good as well.  Of course, we will revisit it later this week, since we always bring food home.  I don't know about you, but I love leftovers.  I never have been able to understand folks that do not enjoy left overs. 

This will be a very busy week, and there are lots of things going on.  I think it should be okay if I can make it to Thursday.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FREEZING HERE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment