Sunday, March 30, 2014

2014 - Day 89/276 - Sunday...

I have good news and I have bed news, which would you like to go with first?  Okay we will go with the bad news first.  I (apparently) have joined Emily and Hunter in the killing of bunnies.  I know absolutely for sure that mine was not a malicious and pre-meditated act (not so sure about you Em), and I did not even know it happened.  I was out in the field behind the house shredding grass and when I made another loop there was a generous population of buzzards feeding on the carcass of the bunny that I had (I guess) just run over and shredded into a veritable buzzard tar-tar as it were.  Now there are a couple other possibilities; the bunny was suicidal and threw itself under the shredder after having received a "Dear Bunny" letter from a former girlfriend, OR it was the slowest bunny in the flock and the old survival of the fittest rules proved to be true.  I am not sure, but again, it was not my fault.

The GOOD NEWS is that Mr. Lay repaired the gate to the grazing area that I had repaired with a gate section and a giant sized C-Clamp.  What a pleasure it was to be able to use that gate this morning when feeding the cattle.

Otherwise, as I reported to you yesterday loyal followers, it was a Sunday like many previous Sundays.

Jody and I went into Georgetown for dinner tonight at Souper Salads (not sure if that is spelled correctly or not).  I diverted from the salads and went for the Soup and baked potato with strawberry shortcake for dessert.  At the moment of this writing, I am miserable.  Serves me right.  I doubt that my eyes were bigger than my stomach (not much is bigger than my stomach) but regardless, I did have too much to eat for dinner.

It was a beautiful day here at the edge of nowhere (which is further than the middle of nowhere), and we have the windows open in the house, and life is good.  This week will have some peaks and valleys, what else is new?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TOO MUCH FOOD, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment