Wednesday, March 19, 2014

2014 - Day 78/287 - Wednesday...

IT'S HUMP DAY!  Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike...I know you can hear me Mike...What day is it Mike?  IT'S HUMP DAY!

I had a ten o'clock meeting planned down in New Braunfels, so that was good, and I was rewarded with this FABULOUS IBM Selectric typewriter that was headed for the dumpster.  REALLY?  The IBM Selectric was what IBM first moved into Austin for in the 1960's, and that is a large part of the reason that we are as lucky as we are now.  No IBM, no silicon, no Austin as we know it.  There are some that could make the argument that 'Austin as we know it' is not really a good thing, but they have not read Atlas Shrugged.

Whatever...

Did I mention that it is HUMP DAY?  I love that commercial.  I think the bugs in the chicken coop are under control.  Last night when I was out there I had two or three on my arms and a couple on my t-shirt.  Tonight I did not record any.  I know there have to be some that are still out there, but I think I have cut back on their numbers substantially.

Tomorrow is a Meals-On-Wheels day, and that is always a nice thing.  I have a PM meeting in the AM, then Meals-On-Wheels and then a couple afternoon meetings, and that will pretty much take care of the day.

Before you know it, it will be Friday, and then it will be Monday again and we will start the whole thing again.  We are supposed to have another cold front come through over the weekend, which is supposed to produce a 50% chance of rain on Sunday and Monday.  Another arctic blast is supposed to settle in over the east coast next week, and my schedule calls for me to land in Newark on Tuesday and return to Austin on Friday.  I could have told you something cold was about to happen on the east coast, just because that is where I am heading!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, IBM, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment