Friday, March 28, 2014

2014 - Day 87/278 - Friday...

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!  Yes boys and girls, I am home and could not be happier!

I have never been good at math, and certainly cannot explain the principles (sp?) of physics.  I can divide whole numbers without the help of an electronic device, as long as they are equally divisible.  Fractions and I have no need to be friends.  I mention this lack of numeric temerity because (after the last two flights I have been on and many of the last flights of the past twelve months) I do not understand how airplanes (heavier than air) can fly, how they can get pointed from one place to another, actually find their ways there (sometimes in the dark) and become earthbound again with BOTH of the wings intact.  The last two flights have been so turbulent that I can only believe that they are marvels of engineering and flexibility.  I was in THE LAST ROW of the plane this afternoon, and I think the bumps and bippies may become exaggerated by the time they reach the end of the plane.  Once he had a chance, the guy sitting next to me consumed THREE little bottles of Tito's Handmade Vodka in rapid succession and continued to wail and flog his arms around as we pitched and rolled.  For once that screaming sound you heard was not coming from me but my seat mate (who very selfishly chose not to trade my middle seat for his aisle seat).  Karma.

Our friend Melody (of Bruce and Melody fame) met me at the Hotel early this morning, and we enjoyed a morning of gossip and sniping.  We love each other.  We walked the entire length and breadth of the Island of Manhattan in 45 minutes, pretended we were spawning salmon trying to get into a subway against the flow, and had a wonderful breakfast around the corner from their co-op.  Very nice, and it was wonderful to see her and get an opportunity to play with her.  We walked through Central Park, and I took this photo of the Imagine Ceramic that Yoko installed near the Dakota.  It was all in all a wonderful visit with Melody.

Tomorrow I will (maybe) post a couple other photos from today's romp, but for now, it is time to go to bed.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TURBULENCE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment