Tuesday, March 25, 2014

2014 - Day 84/281 - Tuesday...

Well, if it is Tuesday, it must be New York City...  I think this is the first time I have been here in at least a couple decades.  Of course it is an interesting place (please...I flew in to Newark, anything is better than that) but it is crowded and congested (kind of like Austin) and I expect it is expensive.  I know this trip is not cheap!  I am staying at the Waldorf-Astoria, which is similar to (what used to be) the Sheraton-Cadillac in Detroit and the Conrad Hilton where I stayed years and years ago in Chicago.  It is just an old hotel.  Big name, little rooms, poor infrastructure, inadequate electrical service, but it does have location and a name.  All in all, I am having a good time, and the meetings with our colleagues from across the country will be rewarding!

I have been up since three o'clock this morning, but I was able to get everything done before I left.  That was great.  The flight was okay, and when I landed there were dozens of e-mail; life goes on.  One of these days I think Jody and I may actually take a vacation (even a staycation would be okay), and turn the phone and the Internet off.  I just had a chill, did you feel that?  I am not sure if I can go cold-turkey or not...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CITY LIFE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment