Sunday, March 23, 2014

2014 - Day 82/283 - Sunday...

My worst possible nightmare has come to life and rung true.  We are on the downhill side of March (just March) and it is 50 degrees outside with gale force winds from the north coming through, but there is still no sign of rain.  And what am I doing?  I am cutting the grass.  Really?  Cutting the grass in March?  I remember a couple years ago I only cut the grass once the entire summer season.  Well, of course that was because we had no rain and everything had burned up, but these little bitty dribbles and drabs of rain do no good at all except to encourage the grass (really, if you could see it you would say we were just cultivating weeds) but if you do not try and control it there will be no stopping it.  HOWEVER, in the front island, there were two or three Iris blooms, so maybe it will be a good year for those as well.  Only time will tell.

I have no idea why I am so tired today.  Maybe because I was up at the crack of last night, but I was, and I got an early start on the grass cutting (see paragraph that rambles on and on above).  I did manage to get some other chores done; cattle fed, fresh hay taken out, chicken coop cleaned, fire in the stove, that kind of thing.

Jody and I did make it into Georgetown for a couple errands, and dinner at the Catfish Parlour.  A friend of mine recommended that we put bulk lavender in the chicken coop nesting boxes, but at $20 a pound, I will wait and see if we remain successful with the diatomaceous earth.  I think it is working so far, and I put some more in the nesting boxes this afternoon.

I will do a weeks worth of work tomorrow and a few hours on Tuesday.  I lease for NYC on Tuesday afternoon and will be back late on Friday night.  I am looking forward to it, we have seats to two shows and Melody is going to come in and play while I am there.  FUN!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, IRISES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment