Saturday, March 8, 2014

2014 - Day 67/298 - Saturday...

It is raining as I sit and writ this entry.  I got up earlier than I wanted to this morning, and made a pile of eggs for me and Jody, and then headed off to Taylor to buy cattle feed.  I got back about 11, and put the feed up and fed the cattle and put out a bale of hay.  I am glad to have gotten that chore done because, as I said, it is not raining and wet ground, a tractor and a bale of hay are really not a good combination.  I have learned in the last five years HOW NOT to get a tractor stuck in wet ground.  While I was putting the hay out for the cattle, I lost the keys to the tractor (and other things),  On the key ring is the knife that I use to cut the baling rope, and when I am done, I put the keys in my back pocket.  Somewhere along the line, the keys fell out of my pocket, but I finally found them after about ten minutes.  I did not want to rifle through the hay because I feared I might cover them up, but I did find them.  Did you know that if keys fall out of your pocket into a big pile of loose hay they do not make any sound?

Jody and I went into Georgetown to buy some a new bath faucet for the lavatory in the den and I also got a new shower faucet and shower head for the bedroom bath. The lumber is scheduled to be here on Wednesday morning.  After Home Depot, we went into Round Rock and visited the Barnes and Noble, then on into Austin for a couple other chores (none of your business, sorry).  On the way back north, we decided to go by the new ABoR facility to check on the progress, and as we were driving up Spicewood Springs Road the car in front of us hit a buck.  The buck went airborne, flipped two or three times, fell onto the other side of the road and got up and ran off.  If it is still alive in the morning, I expect it will be really sore.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, 0.35" OF RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment