Friday, June 6, 2014

2014 - Day 157/208 - Friday...


A selfie is a self-portrait photograph, typically taken with a hand-held digital camera or camera phone. Selfies are often shared on social networking services such as Instagram, Snapchat, and Tumblr. They are often casual, and are typically taken either with a camera held at arm's length or in a mirror.  I call this one Still Life with Bill & Emily at the new Facility... 
Today was a pretty great day if I do say so myself.  I did not get any extra sleep, but I did get to waste a little extra time doing the morning ritualistic kinds of things before heading off into the city.  I went directly to the Board (do not pass go, do not stops for stop signs, do not collect $200), for the new member orientation.  There were 147 new agents signed up for the orientation, and I am not sure how many actually attended, but it was a pretty good turn out.  One of our new members (Dan) is running for a position on the Austin City Council, place 5, and that is always great to have a REALTOR® colleague run for public office and jump on that advocacy train.  I will let you all know how this turns out.  Another friend of mine (not a REALTOR® colleague) is also running for a council seat (Jimmy) in place 9.  Interesting that I know a couple candidates in this HISTORIC (HYSTERIC) election.
After the orientation, I headed to our new Board facility (under construction) for a tour and a bar-b-cue lunch.  Does any one know the real spelling of bar-b-cue?  Please forward on to me and I will report in a later journal entry.  The folks joining us for lunch arrived in three waves, and I stayed for the whole thing.  I did not realize there were going to be three waves, and I did not eat three lunches, but it was a great tour of the building, and great to see all the folks!
I am not even going to discuss the fact that this is a Friday, but just be aware that I am not at all happy about that.
Deeds, Actions, Changes, SELFIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment