Monday, June 30, 2014

2014 - Day 181/184 - Monday...

I have taken it upon myself to proclaim this "Flag Week".  And why not?  I see friends of mine proclaiming it is their "Birthday Week" or "Birthday Month", and I am sure there is a turkey wiener month proclaimed by someone already.  So, leading up to the Fourth of July, I hereby proclaim this "FLAG WEEK".  Pay attention folks to the flags that you see flying.  My own personal flag fetish began years ago, I cannot remember specifically, BUT, I know it was nurtured when I was working for the LARGEST Hospitality Company in the World!  One of the things we were inspected on (and inspections were my downfall after thirteen years) were the flags.  No rips, no tatters, proper order.  I know how flags are to be flown, depending on if all the flag poles are the same height, it one is taller than the others, etc.  It makes me crazy to see flags flown improperly.  Okay, blame it on the OCD and the ADHD maybe, but right is right.  ANYHOO...a couple years ago, Jody gave me the giant flag pole and had it installed on the front circle, and we have been happy with that ever since.  Flagpoles on a house are tricky items, the ones you can buy retail are pretty flimsy and don't last long.  You gotta spend some money to save money in the long term.  ANYHOO...pay attention to where you see flags flying this week, and I will share my observations with you on Friday.  This particular photo of flags was taken in Round Rock this afternoon, and they were very nicely done, but I am not sure if they are following proper etiquette with the Texas Flag.  Probably are.

For a Monday, this day was not the worst on record, in fact there were lots of accomplishments made.  Now if I can just get through the rest of the Holiday Week without self-destructing.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FLAGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment