Monday, June 23, 2014

2014 - Day 174/191 - Monday...

Well, now my little pretties...hahahahahaha!

This is a brave little avocado plan.  I have been nurturing this booger for about five months now, and I just kept giving it water.  Actually, it started in a glass of water in the office, and it grew roots that would have made a redwood envious, but nothing else.  One day Carrie decided to plant it in some dirt, that was a couple months ago.  I kept it watered, put it outside when the weather got nice, and over the past weekend it finally sprouted!  I was really surprised.  Finally it has decided to put up a sprout.  I guess it was just not ready to sprout before.  Never give up!

Okay, so I am feeling better and Jody is on the mend as well.  There seems to be a lot to be said for this first world notion of going to the doctor when one is sick.  Hmmm...  The other good thing about this is that the medicine I was prescribed makes food unattractive.  We are supposed to take the pill twice a day (with food) because the pill has a tendency to cause stomach problems otherwise.  But, I have no real attraction to food right now, so that is a separate win!  Like it!

Got a lot of work done today, and made it to an afternoon meeting.  I am working towards the long Fourth of July Holiday Weekend.  I passed the fireworks stand on the way home, and they were shoveling the place out.  Closed up since New Year's, but this should be a good weekend, we are not all crispy crunchy and fire prone this year, we have had a little bit of rain!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LIFE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment