Saturday, June 7, 2014

2014 - Day 158/207 - Saturday...

There has been a lot of impersonating going lately; electronically and otherwise, but when one chicken starts impersonating another chicken for their own personal (chickenal?) gain and profit, there has to be a line drawn.  This particular girl was scratching around in the tall weeds when I was going out to check the meters.  She gave me that seductive and beguiling 'Vera' come hither look, and I started falling for her guile like a confused sailor guiding his vessel onto the rocks under the influence of some alluring siren.  Just as I was about to fall under the spell, Vera arrived on the scene, her chiffon gown all a flutter and cussing in chicken language at the other girl.  I was able to make out part of the discussion, something about "fasten your seat belts, it's gonna be a rough ride" or something like that.  Chickens give a whole new meaning to "scratching your eyes out" as well.  It is best not to mess with a chicken scorned, I'm just sayin'!

Okay, I just want everyone to know, I take and accept full responsibility for California Chrome failing to achieve glory and the Triple Crown.  I jinxed the whole thing.  I should never watched the race, I should have never taken an interest in it at all.  I should never have even acknowledged that I knew what a 'California Chrome' was.  It is all my fault, and I will (try to) never take any interest in any sort of sport (really, horses participate in sports?) again.

My bad!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, IMPERSONATION, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment