Thursday, June 19, 2014

2014 - Day 170/195 - Thursday...

I considered leading off this paragraph with the words "How do you piss off a Policeman in Austin, Texas?", but I thought better of it and change my mind.  I still do not have an appropriate lead-off sentence for this entry, so I will just go forward and see where we end up.

I think the cop in the day-glo yellow vest reacted totally inappropriately as I was driving past the scene of this five-car accident on the north bound side of IH-35 as I travelled homeward this afternoon.  I waited patiently for about three miles while all lanes of traffic stopped and started, and all the lanes of traffic funneled themselves into a single lane.  It is kind of the same thing I experience when I go to the post office.  I will wait patiently in line while those before me conduct their business, and  will not complain.  On the other hand, when it is my turn in the cute, I am not going to hurry my transaction.  "Yes, I kind of like these Texas Wildflower stamps, but what else do you have?  Anything with Lady Bird's picture?  How about Elvis?  Anything with Elvis on a stamp?"

Otherwise it was another pretty excellent day.  Chris and I delivered Meals-On-Wheels, and that is always fun.  Then we took care of  little bit of this and that, and then we went to a listing appointment, and then back to the office so I could hurry up and wait.  See the preceding two paragraphs.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DO NOT POINT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment