Wednesday, June 18, 2014

2014 - Day 169/196 - Wednesday...

I have to keep reminding myself that it is WEDNESDAY, not Thursday.  I wonder what day it will be tomorrow? 

Today was another really good day.  I made a decision early in the day to ‘stop the madness’ for today anyway, and take a break from the over-scheduling that I am so typically guilty of.  And things got better and better as the day progressed.

I had some personal errands that needed to be completed; first I stopped at the HEB in Georgetown to buy some mayonnaise and ketchup (condiments for my wiener lunches).  Then I had to go by the Tax Assessors Office to get some paperwork transferred, then on to the whatever it is called office it is to get a new toll road transponder.  Then I made a quick service stop for my car, then on to a couple other errands, then to the office.  It was all-in-all a very calm and rewarding day.  Peachy!
By the way, today (you may already know this because I included it as a status update on my Face Book page) is the beginning of mine and Jody’s 23rd year together.  Nothing but good times, and nothing more but good times to come down the road.

And we even got a little bitty bit of rain today! 0.03” to be exact.  It is nice to know that the windshield wipers actually work.  It would be helpful if cars in this area came equipped with dust sensors that is more of a problem than rain generally.

I am actually writing this a couple hours before I am ready to post it.  Jody and I are heading out to ‘The Crossroads’ for burgers (celebratory) for dinner.  Join us if you are in the neighborhood!  Of course, by the time I post this, we will already be back from having dinner, so there is really no way you could join us.  It is kind of like time-travel, if you think about it and squeeze your eyes together really tightly.  Honest!  I expect the typical burger will be the photo of choice today, maybe something else will pique my interests between now and then.

I did go back into the pastures this afternoon when I got home, all is well.  All the cattle are accounted for, none missing, no surprise additions.  The electric fence does have a short in it somewhere, and my cursory glance to the problem revealed nothing.  There will be a fix found over the weekend.
Deeds, Actions, Changes, GOOD DAYS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment