Saturday, July 2, 2016

2016- Day 184/182 - Saturday...

Jody and I went to lunch at our usual Saturday afternoon place, I won't mention the name in this journal entry, but it is a national fast food/casual dining place and in the advertisements, cows plead for you to opt for the chicken. Anyway...we were enjoying our lunch and I was doing my very best to eavesdrop on one of the managers interviewing a job applicant. The applicant (a young woman enrolled in college) was seeking summer employment. The manager conducted the interview over 25 minutes. 25 minutes! It was a pretty intense interview with question like 'So tell me about yourself, what does it mean to be you?' And What were her short term and long term goals? The first thing that came into my head was 'My short term goal is to escape this interview'. I wish I had been keeping up with the number of times the manager said 'cool' and 'awesome'. I did not keep up, but in the 25 minutes, the number could easily have been in the 50s.

I have no bias about career choices, but this your woman was interviewing for something to get her through the summer. I expect her liberal arts major will be put to a better use, but maybe not. I have certainly held a variety of jobs that I never even knew were jobs until I accepted them.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, INTERVIEWS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment