Saturday, July 23, 2016

2016 - Day 205/161 - Saturday...

Today, while I was out doing some errands, I stumbled across the Mecca of Man Brooches. A veritable plethora of pins. The Sahara of Sparkly thingies. The Taj Majal of Tacky! I was overcome by the grandeur of it all, and was unable to focus for several minutes. I was temporarily deprived of my ambulatory abilities, and only after a kind passer-by dabbed my brow with a cool cloth, was I able to continue to gaze upon the holy grail of gaudiness. They were all reaching out to me, calling my name, in their reassuring whispers, 'Bill, buy me!' I did not dare ask the proprietors of the pretties about the cost of any of the items, I feared rejection. But be still your little hearts, I swooned and stumbled my way through the throngs of admirers (that tends to happen when I am out in public), encouraged by their cheers and good wishes, and was able to carry on. Like a sailor being led to an awful fate upon the rocks of a nearby shore by the alluring sirens, I fear I am doomed to return (Wednesday and Thursday of next week), and I am not sure I will be strong enough to resist the call of those semi-precious stones, those gold and silver plated metals gleaming in the harsh manufactured and artificially lit showrooms of commercial therapy. I must be strong, and yet I know I am doomed.

Don't get too concernedWal-Mart.
, I felt the same way about a cantaloupe earlier in the day at

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SHINY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment