Friday, July 8, 2016

2016 - Day 190/176 - Friday...

I was trying to think of a simpler time...I have lived a while, and wanted to see what the world was worrying about a while back. We can all remember certain dates and where we were and what we were doing; JFK, MLK, RFK, Space Shuttle, 9/11. I wonder how the events that took place during the past week will be remembered. Are we at a turning point? Is this the end of another piece of our innocence? Am I the naive one in the group? I graduated from high school in 1969, in a suburb outside Detroit. There were some issues that needed to be dealt with. Lots of issues. I guess we really did not deal with them because it seems the issues are back. We all have issues, I may have more or less than most, but I know some issues are deeper and fester longer than others. I have said many times (and I have been told more times) that I am not the smartest guy in the world, I do not know how to solve all the world's problems. But that is okay, I am not being paid to solve the world's problems, and I am not being paid to be the smartest guy in the world. I am just trying to make another day, to do what I can. Some days are better than others. Some days I can accomplish a couple good things for people, some days I can't. Some days I hurt people, some days I make people happy. I am not Superboy, and I am positive I know exactly what my Kryptonite is.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WTF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment