Tuesday, July 12, 2016

2016 - Day 194/172 - Tuesday...

Jody signed up for his Known Traveler ID today...we did the paperwork about a month ago, and we had his appointment to be fingerprinted and all that stuff today. It all went pretty smoothly, and hopefully when we head for Hawaii in October, we will all be able to avoid the security lines and leave our shoes on at the same time. We shall see how that goes. It remains windy and a little bit cloudy today, it was really darker than I expected this morning, we stayed in bed till about 6, and Expected it to be lighter than it was, but the cloud cover was keeping things ark. Okay with me. The wind, however, is really brisk, and that works in our favor as well, since we have the turbines and we are happy to be generating some energy.

Forty-eight years ago today, at about this time, I spoke to my father for the very last time. I called him (it was on a Friday just a little bit after 6 o'clock), and I had just been paid. My first paycheck from Montgomery-Wards in Southgate, Michigan. It was not my first job (I had been fired from several jobs already), but that was my first payday from Wards. I told him I was going to buy a pair of black wing-tip shoes. The first time I wore them was to the funeral.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOUDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment