Friday, July 29, 2016

2016 - Day 211/155 - Friday...

He/She may not look like it (it kind of reminds me of the angry cat), but he/she should be a lot happier that it was about 30 minute ago. Jody and I were sitting at the table having dinner, and I saw this guy/gal in the pool. He/she was not that hard to scoop up with the skimmer, but I have to admit it was kind of withdrawn. Shrinkage comes to mind, but that is an entirely different episode. Scooped it out, got the phone (for documentation). I set him/her down on one of the walkways, pointed AWAY from the pool, and went back in to continue my dinner. Two or three minutes later, I reconsidered where I had put it, went back out to relocate it to a friendlier turtle habitat, and it was GONE. That sucker (biter) was definitely making some tracks! But, at least he will not drown.

I am going through convention withdrawal. Two weeks of political conventions, and now I have a lot of free time on my hands, I am not too sure how I will fill that void. A nap, maybe.

Jody and I both got our new passports in the mail today. I mailed the applications and the old passports (plus my passport card) on the 18th, and they have already been returned. I have to tell you, that was a lot more efficient process than I was expecting. It does, however, answer the questions as to whether or not I completed the forms properly. The instructions (part of them anyway) are less than  clear, but receiving the passports makes me believe I passed that test.

Deeds, Actions, Changes TURTLES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment