Wednesday, July 13, 2016

2016 - Day 195/171 - Wednesday...

My mother used to consume these magazines, and therefore, by default, I consumed them as well. Of course, up until my mother died, you could still find some of these magazines from the 50s in her house. She was a bit of a hoarder, you could walk through the house, but there was still stuff tucked under the end tables that had been under the end tables for years and years. Stuff was moved from Michigan to Tennessee to Texas, and it was still there under the end tables. I guess if you never moved anything, you would always know where it was. BUT...the magazines were full of mystery and criminals and intrigue. They were like the poor mans dime novels. I think they actually cost about a quarter (not sure), but there were plenty of them. I cannot remember her ever actually BUYING one of those magazines, and I don't have any memory of magazines at the check out counter at the grocery store, but they came from somewhere, not sure where. Maybe she led a secret life, and did her undercover work when my brother and I were in school. I think she (in high school) thought of herself as a 'bad' girl. I think it had a different meaning from what we would think of it today, but still, she was (I think) not a cheer leader, but definitely 'popular'.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TRUE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment