Friday, April 10, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 101/265, 2020 - Friday

And Good Friday at that! We were better off on the Edge of Nowhere than we even knew concerning yesterdays storms. I went in to Georgetown this afternoon (after everything settled down), and there were lots of downed trees, damaged roofs, sheds destroyed (good, well made, anchored sheds!), and trampolines blown A LONG WAY! I saw a trampoline that was not anywhere near any homes, and the only thing that stopped it was the barbed wire fence. I did not know that there had been that much damage. Some of the trees downed are still blocking the roads, and I expect they will be there at least til the middle of next week. SO...today the painters finished. The backsplash was installed, and the garage door got fixed. I think this is the best fix ever for the garage door, so it should last for a while. This is about (at least) the third time the garage door opener has broken loose from the garage door. It looks like a pretty substantial fix, and that is a good thing. The backsplash looks really good, and I am about to puke because of the fumes from the adhesive. I do not remember the fumes being that bad when they installed the counter tops last week. I have the windows open, but it is still pretty toxic. And the painters are done. I think that pretty much does it for the inside, and I am looking forward to folks coming for a visit and checking it all out. The pool deck should be finished in about another ten days, and then I am thinking about some new fencing up by the road. That ought to do it for this year. Dinner tonight was carry-out (again) from the Crossroads Cafe. Double Cheeseburger, fries and an extra patty for the dogs. They had onion rings on the menu tonight, but I did not want a whole order of rings. Tomorrow morning I will go into Bartlett and buy a couple bar-b-que plates from one of the churches. $10 a plate, 9:30 until they sell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment