Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 99/267, 2020 - Wednesday

Today, I was informed by a plumber, that (and I quote) "You need a four inch spread." Um. I was taken aback, to say the least. I was surprised. I was a lot of things. Insulted? I had no idea how I was supposed to react. Who knew kitchen and laundry room sink faucets could be so complicated and difficult to understand. In this time of social-distancing, I just kept buying faucet after faucet after faucet. I have a pallet of various faucets in the back of the car. One day soon, I will make a special trip to return all the faucets, and all the parts that did not work, did not fit or were not appropriate for one reason or another. At least it is not a lot of toilet paper that I am returning. As of today, I have a cooktop in the kitchen that is operable. I have a faucet in the kitchen that works. I have a faucet (the original one) that no longer leaks more water than comes out the nozzle. By Friday, the painting should be done. By Friday, I hope the backsplash will be installed. And then, all that is left is to put the house back together. And then, just the enjoying part. Enough about that stuff. Let's talk just a minute or two about brilliance. The picture I took this afternoon is what brilliance on the edge of nowhere looks like. The sky was a brilliant blue. The clouds were absolutely brilliant white. The grass (?) and the leaves on the trees were an absolutely brilliant green. This is what it looks like here on this absolutely brilliant day. Brilliance!

No comments:

Post a Comment