Saturday, April 4, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 95/271, 2020 - Saturday

Here is an interesting piece of trivia. We have twelve chickens, and today I collected 13 eggs. Yesterday, there were seven. The total for this month (four days) is 42. Need eggs? We got 'em. It has been my experience that a single chicken will lay about 5 eggs per week. Other factors that go into egg laying include the chickens age, the amount of sunlight (they are fans of daylight saving time), and the temperatures are not extreme one way or the other. I am happy for the egg production, and I love eggs. The girl dogs love eggs, too. Eggs are good. It has been raining most of the day today, not hard, just nice drizzly rain. I hope some of this rain water is going in to the tanks in the back pastures. There is a little chance of rain for the next week, and we will take what we can get. Everything is lovely and green, I need to document the grasses, it will non be green in August or September. I did go in to Georgetown late this morning, on an emergency mission to Home Depot. They put in the new countertops yesterday, and they are lovely. The faucets and the cooktop will be installed Monday, if everything goes according to the plan. I also took a better look at paint colors. I am planning on having the kitchen cabinets painted and the walls in the kitchen, living, dining, breakfast and hallway(s) painted. It should be very handsome once all that is done. We will see how it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment