Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 105/261, 2020 - Tuesday

I could rummage around in old abandoned buildings for hours and hours at a time. I am fascinated with that stuff. I was in Austin yesterday, and it reminded me of one of my binge television shows, Mysteries of the Abandoned. I think abandoned malls, schools, ghost towns, anything old and empty (does that sound like me?), really makes me want to go sneaking around. It is just kind of eery, kind of like an old episode of the Twilight Zone. But back to this post. When Jody and I first moved out to the Edge of Nowhere, this property was occupied by a single man (most likely a widower), but it has been empty for four or five years now. This photo does not include the actual house, but just a couple of the out buildings and a couple old trucks. I think rusty old vehicles would make perfect yard art. Jody always told me there was a fine line between yard art and crap on the porch, and that I was erasing that line! Anyway, this morning, I took the girls for a ride, and we rode for about 45 minutes. That is not too hard to do when you are going between 10 and 15 miles per hour. But, the girls enjoy it (I hope), and I get to go investigate things and take my time while doing it. No roses to smell, but it was a really pretty morning, and we all had a good time. Now if I could sneak up and investigate that old rusted out truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment