Thursday, April 2, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 93/273, 2020 - Thursday

The chickens are smarter than me, but I am smarter than the yard guy. About 4 o'clock this afternoon, it was starting to sprinkle, so I decided I should feed Barney and the chickens before it got too bad. It was drizzling pretty good by the time I got out to the front barn, but the chickens were happy to get a little bit wet for their meal worm treats. I collect eggs (ten) and by the time I got back to the house it was raining pretty well. Thunder. Lightning. My phone was going off with lightning reports. But the yard guy was still on his mower out there, cutting the grass. I guess he made it, because I don't see him crashed anywhere, and the truck and trailer is gone. On one of my trips outside to inspect stuff, I discovered that there were some Bluebonnets in one of the beds. We planted those seeds several years ago. Bluebonnet seeds have to be scarred before you plant them, and even then they can take years before they come up. I had totally forgotten about them, but I was really happy to see them this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment