Saturday, April 18, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 109/257, 2020 - Saturday

The other night, I watched A Star is Born, the 1954 Judy Garland film that caused me to profess my love for all things Judy. Yesterday (or some day this week), I watched North by Northwest. It was released in 1959, so that would have made me 7 (my birthday is in December), when I went to the Wyandotte Main Theatre (it could have been the Wyandotte Annex, it was a two screen movie house), where I was intending to see the re-release of Dumbo. My dad dropped me off (I was alone), and looked at the really long line to get in to see Dumbo, and I thought 'to hell with this,' and I bought a ticket to see North by Northwest. There was no line. I liked the movie, and I don't know if I have ever, EVER seen Dumbo. Did you catch the part where I said my dad dropped me off at the theatre? Did you catch the part where I said I was seven years old. Did you catch the part where I said I was alone. That is totally unheard of now. Things were a lot less complicated then. 1959. One thing has stayed the same, though, I am still not keen on standing in lines for many things. Today's pic: the amaryllis is really a late bloomer, kind of like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment