Monday, April 27, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 118/248, 2020 - Monday

In the twelve years we have lived here, it has not been unusual to see vultures riding the thermals all around here. The Edge of Nowhere is kind of a breezy place, there is nothing out here to stop the winds. This afternoon, we were experiencing near gale force winds from the south. Honestly, you could hear the wind howling outside. So, I was kind of surprised to see this vulture walking around up towards the road. It left, then would come back. When I went out to see what the attraction was, there was a dead rabbit up there. The bamboo is a haven for rabbits, but vultures don't kill things (to the best of my knowledge), they just clean up stuff after stuff is dead. So, I have no idea what killed the rabbit, but I relocated the carcass to across the road in the county's right of way. I expect the vulture will sniff it out, and take care of it from there. Otherwise, not a bad day. I took the girls for a ride this evening, mainly because I had not started Jody's car in over a week. I was happy that it started right up with no issues. I will head in to Austin tomorrow, and I may need to go in again later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment