Saturday, April 11, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 102/264, 2020 - Saturday

Yesterday I Learned: Even the nicest cashmere scarf/muffler (which I can neither confirm nor deny that I stole from a certain C Coneway four or five years ago) becomes a sorry excuse for a face mask that you can use to protect yourself from the inhaled sputum of the menacing novel Covid-19 viri. But, today I took a pair of my lesser favorite socks and made something that kind of works. I only used one of the pair, so I think my attempt tomorrow will be advances, and better functioning. I was not the least bit embarrassed walking into either Walgreen's in Austin or the Brookshire Brothers in Jarrell. At least my mask was somewhat interesting, and no one remarked as to whether or not they recognized it as one of a pair of socks. I guess by this time, they have all seen just about all there is to see. I may actually be in line for a REAL mask next week, and if any of my legion of admirers have home economic skills with a sewing machine, I have some really cool fabric remnants that I will be happy to share. Just let me know. I did go in to the office today, the first time this week. Statements will be run next week, so I had to approve some invoices. Otherwise, it was another quiet day. It has rained off and on, and we are expecting more storms in the early morning hours. I did notice that one of the shade structures in the back pasture is no longer there. It turned into a pile of rubble Thursday during that storm. Also, I found a few pieces of shingles on the ground this morning, so I think I will have a roofer come out for a quick look-see this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment