Friday, April 17, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 108/258, 2020 - Friday

I hit the disinfectant wipes trifecta today. I was heading back from a visit to the office, and I saw something on the front door motion detector. I recognized the perp, and called him. It was a friend of mine that said he found me some disinfectant wipes at Dollar General. I hauled ass to Dollar General in Jarrell (where he bought them) and they were sold out by the time I got there. BUT...it seems that disinfectant wipes are my 'hoarding item of choice' right now, so I ask EVERYONE I see to score me some if they ever find them in a store. Disinfectant wipes and Blue Bell Ice Cream. I bought two more gallons this afternoon. You can never have too much Blue Bell. Another friend dropped some face masks off for me at the office yesterday (hand-made lovelies), and I called her on my way in to see if she wanted some material I had bought YEARS ago for something (??), and she said of course. She also said she had 40 more face masks (imported from China, don't ask), and so we did the social distancing swap on the sidewalk in front of her house. But honestly, I am okay with the social distancing stuff, especially now that I have the disinfectant wipes. You might remember that we had some really strong winds last Thursday and Friday. Since then I found three separate pieces of shingles on the ground around the house. A roofer friend came out this afternoon and made some patches to the roof (it is supposed to rain over the weekend), and on Monday I will be calling the insurance company to get an adjuster out here to take a look. It's always something. At least I am covered for the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment