Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 120/246, 2020 - Wednesday

There were two events overnight, that I find worth discussing in this journal entry. Late last night, I took a bar stool (I got new ones from Wayfair yesterday afternoon) and put it in one of the bedrooms we really never go into. The flooring was 'squishy,' and a few feet further into the bedroom, there was water coming up from under the flooring. I searched everywhere for the source, and could not find anything. I eventually turned off the water, but by then, there was water coming up in several places. In hindsight, I think the leak started on Monday. Several calls to the insurance company/water remediation companies/plumbers and other folks ended up with this plan. We are covered for most of it (not all and there is always the deductible). On Monday (most likely) they will send someone or a group of people to move all the furniture out of about half of the house into storage containers. EVERYTHING. They empty the drawers into boxes and then move the furniture. That will take three days (they said). Then they will come out and pull up all the flooring, bathroom cabinets, moldings, maybe the built in book cases and entertainment center in the den. Then they start the drying out process and the anti-microbial stuff and the other stuff. I have no idea when the rebuilding will start. It is a first world problem, I understand that, but I would be much happier if it had not happened. The other event was the storm that came through overnight. About 4 in the morning, there was quite a light show of lightning and thunder. We got 1.13" of rain. The piglet girl ended up under the covers, I thought that was cute. The storms lasted until about 5:30 or 6. While I was taking the plumbers to the water cutoff up by the road, this mud bug was sashaying down the driveway. Yep, there was a little rain, and that was good for the tanks back in the pastures. I expect to sleep better tonight. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment