Monday, April 13, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 104/262, 2020 - Monday

As you might have noticed, there have been a series of 'oopses' going on here on the Edge of Nowhere lately. Garage door repairs, faucet replacements (several tries to get it right), just a bunch of little things that have taken time and patience (not my high quality) to get done, coupled with the social distancing we are trying strongly to comply with. Last night, after I had done all my chores, had some dinner and done some this-and-thats, it was time to grab a nice shower. I got in and waited for the hot water to get there. And waited. And. Waited. No hot water was to be received. Was it the faucet/diverter? Was I going have to go shopping AGAIN for a faucet? Would I get it right the first time? I got out of the shower and dried off my feet. Hmmm. There was no hot water at the bathroom sinks, either. SO...I marched to the other side of the house and took my shower in the middle bathroom. Mission accomplished. Hopefully, it was just the pilot light gone out because of all the high winds we have had lately. But I did not really want to go up in the attic in the dark, so I waited til this morning. Sure enough, it was just the pilot light, and all is well again (for now) at The Estate on the Edge of Nowhere. For now. Tonights image: this is how the three of us share the big blue chair in the den when we are trying to watch the toob.

1 comment: