Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 218/148, 2020 - Wednesday

It seems like the weekdays go by very slowly, and the weekends just go past in a blur. I feel like the three days this week have taken a week each day, and before you know it, it will be next week, and it all starts over again. I had a 10 o'clock Zoom meeting this morning, and I wanted to be in Austin, which meant I had to leave a little earlier than usual. On the way in, I stopped at Lowe's to buy some AC filters for the condo (I am having to have that system serviced). The appointment for that service was supposed to be around noon today, but they called and said they had been held up on another job, so we rescheduled for Friday, first thing. That means, I will need to be in Austin at 9 o'clock on Friday, but I would rather get it done in the morning so I can schedule other stuff for the rest of the day. It is always something. I had one zoom (should Zoom be capitalized?) meeting today, and I have three Zoom meetings and one Skype meeting tomorrow. I have never done a Skype meeting, so I hope I can follow the instructions and get it done with no issues. It is hot like the hinges of Hell in central Texas right now, our second heat wave of this season. Every day for the next fourteen days is expected to be at least 103 degrees, with NO chance of rain. We will survive this, and as soon as it starts raining, we will start complaining about that. But I digress... After my visit to Lowe's, I stopped at an Austin institution that has (so far) not declared bankruptcy, Taco Shack. This is the original on Medical Parkway, and they have four or five more. I got sausage, egg and cheese breakfast tacos on corn tortillas. Corn tortillas are the best, no question...

No comments:

Post a Comment