Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 239/127, 2020 - Wednesday

I was going to start the conversation off with some comments about Hurricane Laura, but I will wait for a couple hundred words or so, and talk first about Barney the Cat instead. I don't know if Barney gets lonely, now that Rocky has passed, but he seems to be hanging around the house a little more than usual. For the last couple nights, he has been laying on one of the paths when I go water pot plants in the back, he looks up at me, but does not make any moves to run off. I have always talked to him (as I do with all the animals out here; cows, squirrels, rabbits, chickens, skunks, dogs), and that is something I picked up from Jody. Jody was the original 'animal whisperer.' Jody could communicate with animals and calm them. They were not afraid of Jody, and Jody brought home more than one stray dog during the time we got to spend together. Barney knows there is food and water available to him, so he does not have to mess with some of the other wild life around here. That is kind of the deal we have made with each other. Hurricane Laura: Many of my friends in east Texas and Louisiana report that that are eating all the ice cream in their freezers, and they have turned the air conditioners down as low as they go. This is not their first rodeo, and they are expecting to be without power for extended periods. We all hope the the best, and be sure to include them in your prayers for the next several days, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment