Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 225/141, 2020 - Wednesday

In 2013, seven years ago today, Jody and I, with a group of close friends, were in Glastonbury, Connecticut, where we were married by a Republican, Justice of the Peace. I never cease to be amazed by geographic differences, not only in the terrain, but also of the differences in acceptance and the respect for one persons love for another. It was a wonderful day, there were so many laughs, so many expressions of love, so many wishes of love and appreciation. We were our own little world on that day. I was happier than I had ever been in my life, and I think it showed to our small legion of friends that shared the moment with us. Thank you all for sharing, and thank you all for being there, and thank you all for remembering. today is not a day to be sad, today is a day for ME to be happy, a day for thanking everyone for caring. Today is also a day to be hot. The seven day forecast is on the hot side, and I am looking forward to the second week of October. In my world, that is when a front will come through and temperatures will finally cool down, and we can go about our lives. Until then, I recommend you stay inside as much as possible, and try to get a payment plan started with your particular utility company. When you come across anyone, just give them a fist bump, and ask 'Is it hot enough for you?" That is what we do...

No comments:

Post a Comment