Monday, August 10, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 223/143, 2020 - Monday

Today's topic is: Things that have happened that I forgot to mention. I'll start... About four days ago, one of my bulls (NOTE: There is no reason to have more than one bull) jumped the fence and started courting one (some) of the neighbors cows. The neighbor has his own bull, so he did not need mine. This bull was (emphasis on was) relatively aggressive, and today he was 'darted' and taken to the auction barn. One less longhorn here in the Edge of Nowhere. The other day, I was cleaning out the skimmer basket, and there was a palm frond that I could not get out. It was not a palm frond, it turned out to be the tail of a very live rat. I had no idea could give Lloyd Bridges a run for their money, and dive like it was in full scuba gear like on Sea Hunt. I finally rescued it, and I expect it is probably chewing wires in the engine compartment of the pick up truck as I write this. I should have pruned some of the pears off this tree when I had the chance (two or three months ago), but I didn't. It is probably not too late to do it still, but they have put their energies into getting this far, I hate to pick and choose at this point. Finally, I think I might be overwatering the potted plants, many of their leaves are getting yellow. I am cutting back a little bit on the watering, but it is hard to imagine overwatering when it is consistently over 100 degrees on a daily basis. And it is only some of the plants that have yellow leaves, so maybe I should just cut back the water on those plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment