Thursday, August 20, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 233/133, 2020 - Thursday

If you had asked me five months ago if, sitting on my ass all day, looking at a laptop screen and taking phone calls all day would be totally exhausting, I would have laughed in your face. There was no social distancing then, and laughing in your face would not (at the time) be considered a felony. My, how times have changed. I do remember making derogatory comments about state employees fat asses, an affliction I thought was caused by them sitting on their asses all day, looking at a computer screen and taking phone calls. It seems now that I too am plagued with the fat ass syndrome, very likely caused by sitting on my ass all day, looking at my laptop screen and taking phone calls. I think that might also be considered Karma. Dammit. I was out feeding the chickens and collecting eggs earlier, while talking to my friend Jan, and came upon this jawbone. Cat? Skunk? I kind of think cat, but not sure. The Edge of Nowhere is a prime area for people to dump animals, and cats kind of come and go. Barney has stuck with us for several years, there had been at least two raccoons (RIP Rocky), and at least a dog or two. So, I am going with cat. We don't really count skunks (they live under the front barn), or armadillos or opossums. Do you think this could be a jawbone of an armadillo or an opossum? Stuff just percolates up from below ground out here, but usually after a pretty good rain, and there has been no rain to speak of for a couple months. Keep your eyes on the Gulf though, we may be in for some action next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment