Sunday, August 30, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 243/123, 2020 - Sunday

One more day. Just one more day and this month will be done. It has been a pretty unremarkable day in my opinion, nothing particularly good or bad that I can remember. Just a series of days, one leading to the next, and then one month leading to the next. I did complete one errand today, and I got the chicken coop cleaned out, and that was about it. I tried dusting the chickens for mites (yes, they have mites), but that did not go as planned. Since I am out in the coop with them every day, I thought I would just dust them while they were eating their meal worms and that would be that. BUT, the chickens had different ideas. They would not participate in the dusting, so I will need to come up with a different plan. There is a spray you can get on-line, an probably at a feed store somewhere, so I will do a little bit more research on that. The cotton in the fields looks like it is about ready to be harvested. Interestingly, we treat cotton as an annual plant here, but it is really a perennial, we just kill it off after one harvest and replant. There is a way that it can produce three or four crops before it fails, but I don't remember how that was done. I heard it on the radio about a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment