Saturday, November 7, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 312/54, 2020 - Saturday

I wasted most of the day today, waiting on a vendor that was supposed to arrive on Saturday, between between 11:30 and 1:30. After waiting patiently until 1:45, I called the company, and spoke to the person that had made the appointment. She was apologetic, and transferred me to dispatch, where they told me the appointment was for next Saturday. I asked to be transferred back to the lady that made the appointment, and she was very apologetic. She said the dispatcher had told her 'Saturday,' and she assumed that meant today. The only saving grace to this is that, the lady that made the appointment did not try to wriggle out of it and tell me she had explicitly said it was Saturday the 14th. So...now I will wait around again NEXTR Saturday for them to show up again. They said I was their first appointment NEXT Saturday. Really? 11:30 is your first appointment of the day? Wowza! So, after that disappointment, I did run a few errands. I was able to cross 'house slippers' off my to-done list. That little chore has only taken me about 14 months to accomplish, but it is done with. I also got chicken feed, cat food and some dog treats, and made my way home. While I was checking meters and feeding the can, I encountered this spider. I see these spiders out here all the time, and we generally respect each others space, but this one seemed to be even bigger than usual. It had to be about six inches stem-to-stem. I was going to say four inches, but when I looked at those measurements with a tape measure, I am going with six.

No comments:

Post a Comment