Saturday, November 28, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 333/33, 2020 - Saturday

Today was cold, wet, grey, miserable. I am out of adjectives to describe the day. I am proud of the fact that I made the trips into Austin on Thursday and Friday, so that was done. The weather prognosticators were predicting rain, and I knew if I did those chores, it would most likely NOT rain. That held true until about 12:30 this afternoon, and it has been just dribbly ever since. At last check, we have received about a quarter-inch of rain, and it is supposed to keep raining overnight. I was relatively ambitious today, though; I was able to clear and organize the garage, move a few pieces of furniture around in the house to make room for those changes, I got the exterior faucets wrapped and covered, and all the pot plants are either in the front barn or in the garage. I also got the Christmas lights on the fence up by the road re-strung, and they were lighted until the dribblyness caused the GFCI to trip. I am just going to leave it for a while, and hope it dries out tomorrow. We are expecting freezing temps for two or three days this week coming, but not really a hard freeze. Mrs. Google defines a hard freeze as a freeze sufficiently long and severe to destroy seasonal vegetation and ice to form on standing water. I think a hard freeze needs to be below freezing for 24 hours or more (to mess with pipes and protected stuff), and that is not expected next week. I do expect that most of the bedding plants will be lost, but they will be back in the spring. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment