Thursday, November 26, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 331/35, 2020 - Thursday

On this Thanksgiving Day, I find it hard to adequately give thanks for all the things and people I am thankful for. I am thankful for my friends, near and far. I am thankful for my health. I guess I am healthy, I can still taste, smell and breathe. I am thankful that I can afford to have a lovely dinner, and I am kind of sad that much of it will ultimately not be eaten. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head, and I am thankful that I have two needy girl dogs to share the roof with. I am thankful for the things that I complain about, and I am thankful for the things that happen to me on a daily basis that I hardly even think about. At the end of the day, I know that I am a lucky man, and for that I am thankful. Let's now talk about my Thanksgiving dinner. I am thankful that I could buy a prepared dinner (serves 2 to 4), and that I will be eating on it for at least a week. The girl dogs will be eating on it as well! Even though I am not really that good at following directions, it was more 'heat and serve' than cook this. Even though I failed to follow the directions that said 'cover the turkey in a shallow pan with aluminum foil,' it tasted really good and it was much more than I needed. I ate about a third of what is shown on this plate, but everything in now covered with aluminum foil and is tucked securely in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment