Monday, October 4, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 277/88, 2021 - Monday

It has been a lovely day in central Texas. There is a slight breeze out of the north, which is lowering the humidity levels. When I got out for my walk this morning, the temperature was in the low to mid 60s. Lovely. Over the weekend, I got a bill in the mail from the TxTag (the tollway) people. The bill had a picture of my car, with my old license plate, and it said I owed $8.35. I thought it was odd because I have a TxTag on the car, so why are they sending me a paper bill. I called at 7AM. They said, well, we show that you own $288 and change. How is that possible, you charge my credit card. We ran your credit card in March, and it was declined. I guess the expiration date changed, why didn't you tell me the card was declined? That's not our job. Well, that was the first part of the conversation. After the walk, I had to call another person to make a payment. Before the thing was over, I owed TxTag about $350. Ugh. I commute to Austin at least five days a week, and that means ten trips on tollways each week, and they are not responsible for anything. Don't get me started. Whatever. It seems that my new neighborhood is kind of crazy for Halloween decorations. I am going to see how far into the month I can get showing only Halloween decorations. First up...

No comments:

Post a Comment