Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 300/65, 2021 - Wednesday

I am feeling very pleased with myself. I am sure you are painfully aware that this is Medicare open enrollment season. Why can't you just change or add/edit/delete at any time? I don't know the answer to that question, and I am not really asking that question, because I do not have another hour to spend talking with someone about Medicare. But I digress... I did cross Medicare off my 'to-do' list today, and I am feeling very smug about that. I did cave by agreeing to an HMO (my primary physician in in the 'group'), and it also means that I will need to use one of the pharmacies that is on the approved list, but it is what it is. I am paying just under $6K for my various Medicare stuff right now, and I think I will cut that expense drastically. Maybe it is too good to be true, but I doubt it could get worse that it already is. All the little bits help. The only downside to this whole thing is, if it all works out like it has been presented, I won't be able to complain about Medicare anymore. I think I can live with that. I had lunch today with some great colleagues this afternoon, then I did a quick video. Once I got home, I ordered some secret stuff from Amazon. The rain and storm (thunder and lightning) came and went overnight, and I still have electricity. I have learned that I cannot take that for granted any more. The humidity has taken a nose dive, the high temperature was in the 70s today, and right now I have windows open and I am authoring this journal entry with fuzzy slippers on. If it's not one thing, it's another...

No comments:

Post a Comment