Saturday, October 30, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 303/62, 2021 - Saturday

Today was a most excellent day! But wait...did I mention that there was ANOTHER skunk incident last night. No? I didn't think so. Yep, last night, Callie found herself another skunk, and got sprayed again. It was not as bad as the last time (about a month ago), but it was frustrating, just the same. I felt somewhat defeated, having just about decided that the house no longer had a skunk odor in it, and now I am starting the process all over again. I am not sure which is worse; skunk odor or Febreze. They both make my eyes burn, and make it hard for me to sleep comfortably. But, it is true, the house once again smells like skunk, and I have had several professional sniffers come through the house and confirm it. Other than that, it was a great day. It started with a nice, brisk walk with Jay and Ginger, and then later in the morning we went in to Austin to the 'Art From the Streets' show and sale. Austin's homeless produce art works and they are sold during this event. I did not buy anything (the t-shirt does not count), but I do have an interest in one persons work, and will probably reach out to him this week coming. Getting back to the Curious House, we discovered that Marge and Dick returned home from their summer in Chicago. It was great seeing them again, and we all had a blast sitting on the driveway tonight, having a bit of wine and some early Halloween candy. Tomorrow is the real day, and I have reason to believe that it will be even more fun than today. I have been a little worried about Barney the Cat, but Patsy (the good neighbor from the farm) sent my this picture of him last week. He is doing just fine without me!

No comments:

Post a Comment