Sunday, October 24, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 297/68, 2021 - Sunday

Today was a day that I did very little of anything. I think I repeat that phrase on most weekend days, but today was really a day in which I accomplished pretty much of nothing. I did my early walk with Jay and Ginger (the Husky), and when I got home, I considered a nap, but deferred to watering the plants instead. I have the sprinklers set to run three days a week (as opposed to my two day a week official watering schedule), but I turned the sprinklers off because we are supposed to get some rain Tuesday into Wednesday. Whatever is going on in California is supposed to reach us mid-week, and there is a promise of at least a little bit of rain and some cooler temperatures. I did meet Candy and Mike for brunch this morning, and then stopped at Tractor Supply on my way home, to pick up a couple of those five gallon plastic buckets. I can always use more five gallon plastic buckets. It was grey and overcast when we were walking this morning, and we generally (on Sunday) go back into the area that is now being developed. Being developed means they are bulldozing the trees and putting in roads and retention ponds. As I said, it was grey and overcast, but I saw three Iris plants, and decided I would save them after brunch (hence the stop for the five gallon buckets). Jay went with me are we carried the buckets and shovels and gloves, only to discover that what I thought were Iris, turned out to be yucca. I had fantasized about these Iris in a scene from Little House on the Prairie, that they had survived for decades, and now they were going to be victims of development. But they weren't Iris, they were yuccas. So much for the fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment