Saturday, October 23, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 296/69, 2021 - Saturday

As I sit here writing this journal entry, having just recently returned from Jay and Deb's, I an eating cucumber slices and ranch dressing. Yummy! I took a big Yeti cup of red wine with me (box wine) and I drank on that for most of the evening. The cucumbers and ranch dressing are satisfying my need for something to eat. I jumped off my wagon of trying to limit my carb intake today, and finished a piece of apple pie I have been eating on for a week, and a couple other things that Dr. Atkins would not recognize. I a focusing on cleaning out the freezer(s), so I can order some steak, burger patties and wieners from Omaha Steaks. Just thinking about that has caused my Facebook feed to start sending me coupons for Omaha Steaks. I am particularly interested in the bacon, burgers, steaks and wieners they offer. They say that, for every wiener you eat, you lose thirty five minutes of life. If that were true, by my calculation, I have been dead for about three or four years. Maybe yes, maybe no. I did a lot of nothing today, and that was not the worst of it. It was actually the best of it. Tomorrow is another day of doing a lot of nothing after I go to brunch. It looks like it will be just two of us, me and Candy. Jay and Deb and I went to the 'art stroll' in Georgetown last Thursday, and to be honest, I was less than overwhelmed. There were some nice pieces, but nothing that spoke to me, We did get to visit the inside of a nice little church, the best part of which was the rafters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment