Sunday, November 14, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 317/48, 2021 - Saturday

Another good day in San Diego, although I have been a little more tired today than the last few days. I had forgotten how much fun these trips were, but I also forgot about how much work was involved, too. Like most of these conferences, there is a lot of walking involved as well. I am pretty sure I have set a record for 'steps' the last couple days. The opening session today featured Drew Brees, the former quarterback of the New Orleans Saints, and also the guy that grew up just outside of Austin. Interesting interview, fun to hear. After the session, I went to the Public Policy Coordinating Committee (which I will serve on next year), just to get a head start on what their work is. There was some lively debate during the committee meeting, and they got a lot of work done in the hour-and-a-half meeting. We went to lunch, then I went back to the hotel and took a nap. Off to Belmont Park at about 5:30, and then I (once again) came back to the hotel. Everyone else went to the Keith Urban concert, but I was done. Any complaints can be forwarded to the pig, care of this journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment