Sunday, November 21, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 325/40, 2021 - Sunday

I had a burst of energy this morning after our walk. The fourth bedroom, the one I have been using as a dump site, is actually cleared of most of the junk now, and it almost looks like a bedroom. I have to move nightstands from the third bedroom (for consistency) then make the bed. I have ordered a bedspread from Amazon, so by the time the housekeepers get here on the 30th, it should almost look like someone lives here. I don't want them to just turn around and walk away, shaking their heads. I also (throughout the day) cleaned out three closets, put some clothes for Goodwill in my car, and then headed off to meet Michael and Lynda for brunch. It was really nice seeing them, and fun catching up, it has been too long between visits. After brunch, I went by the Food Bank to pick up a couple auction items I bought during the Austin Empty Bowl project fundraiser. Hopefully, this will be an in-person event next year, fingers crossed. And then home. The rest of the Christmas lights were put up on the house this afternoon, still have the trees to go, and I may do some lights around the driveway and the sidewalk, not sure yet. I am positive that I bought way too many lights, not counting the ones that were up in the attic. Those are the ones that will be wrapped around the trees, front and back. Since the Curious House backs to a 'parkway,' I had the lights on the house all the way around, front, sides and back. I plan to turn them all on Thanksgiving evening, and let them go from dusk to light, maybe 6PM until 6AM. Through New Year's Day. Then they will all get packed up for the year, and it will start again next November. You never really know what you might see on an early morning walk. This knife (play knife?) was laying on this bench at the 'pocket park' this morning, and since I am such a devotee of Forensic Files I didn't touch it, I just documented the scene in case something comes up in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment