Saturday, November 27, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 331/34, 2021 - Saturday

Weather-wise, this was a terrible day. It started with an abbreviated walk in the rain, and when I got home, I fed the girls, and then I was off to HEB at about 9 o'clock. I expected it to rain because, as I reported yesterday, I watered all the plants outside. My 12:30 appointment cancelled (Note: Always confirm appointments before you show up and they don't!), so I went in to the office and cleared off my desk, and then headed to my 2:15 appointment (which I had already confirmed). By that time, it was really a steady drizzle, not a hard rain, and the temperature was in the low 50s. Cold, wet, miserable. I left Austin and headed home, and my IT guy was there by 3:30. Apparently, the iMac was too old to be updated, too old to be doing what I wanted it to do, so by 4:30 I had gone to Best Buy (even though I am boycotting Best Buy), and came home with a new iMac. It is huge! The screen is probably 50% larger than the old iMac, and that is nice. SO...it seems everything works on this new iMac, and it seems to be a LOT quicker doing every single thing that it does. Tomorrow, I will get busy with the stuff I wanted to get done yesterday. This evening was my turn to host the wine get-together, and it was really fun. The rain has stopped, but it is still chilly outside, and I have still not turned the heat on inside the house. I did turn the fireplace on this evening, and that was nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment