Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 321/44, 2021 - Wednesday

Earlier this year, I took a vow to refrain from publishing photos of wrecks I see (until I run out of things photos for this journal), almost on a daily basis, while traveling here and there in central Texas. I have no intention of breaking that vow today, because, technically, this is not a photo of a car wreck. I was traveling home this afternoon, and fire trucks and other emergency vehicles were entering the Interstate, and fortunately, my exit was just a bit before the location of the fire. How does a truck catch fire while traveling down the road at 60 or 70 miles per hour? That is not a rhetorical question, I just don't know how it can happen. There was apparently enough time for the truck to pull over to the shoulder of the road, at which time, I assume, a couple hundred people called 911 from their cell phones. Other than that, and the wreck I saw on the way IN to the office, it was a normal day. Wrecks, unfortunately, are normal as well, but truck fires are a different animal! I am going to head off to Bryan/College Station tomorrow. A quick trip, just to take care of a errand, and then back home. There is a cold front expected tonight, which is supposed to lower our temperatures by about 20 degrees. High temperatures for the next several days are expected to be in the high 60s and low 70s. It's about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment