Friday, December 2, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 336/29, 2022 - Friday

It is a long story, about a mortgage, escrowed dollars, county taxes, etc. I was directed by Wells Fargo to FAX them a copy of the county tax bill (they did not receive it from the county), and there was a chance that they would pay it in December. Otherwise, I will not have paid taxes to show on my income tax, but there will be TWO property tax payments in 2023. Not gonna like that. The big challenge here was to FAX it to them. I do not have a FAX machine. This is 2022. I went to a Wells Fargo bank in Georgetown where they agreed to FAX the documents on my behalf, but they could not provide me with a verification sheet that the FAX was received. SO...I went to the UPS store, where they FAXed it for $1.90 AND they gave me the verification that the FAX request was received. I am not sure that this could be considered progress, and I am even more unsure that Wells Fargo will actually get the taxes paid this year. I will follow up with them in a couple weeks. Do y'all have any opinions on this? One more thing...why would the bank leave the vault open? That doesn't make sense to me, but there it was. I didn't get too close, just in case there was some sort of trap being laid for me. I wish I had a vault in the Curious House, and think that would be the ultimate cats pajamas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment